This Sicilian macaroni dish is a pleasure that only takes about 30 minutes in the kitchen. The aroma and taste will surprise you.
the Sicilian macaroni They are a very nutritious Italian dish, easy to prepare and tasty. The flavors will take you on a trip to warm Sicily. In addition to the unmistakable touch of Mediterranean cuisine, the ingredients offer multiple nutritional benefits. To start with, eggplant is a low-calorie and carbohydrate food. It is easy to digest even for sensitive stomachs and contains a good amount of zinc and potassium. Moreover, it gives us magnesium, iron, phosphorus and calcium. It is rich in vitamins A, C and folic acid, in addition to small amounts of vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6.
From his side Tomato is a food that provides vitamins that are necessary for the body. It contains a lot of potassium and zinc. One of the most important properties is the antioxidant power, because it has a substance called lycopene, which together with other compounds reduces the risk of cancer. Lycopene is the component that gives it its attractive and characteristic red color.
How to prepare Sicilian macaroni:
- Wash the eggplant, cut into 2 x 2 cm pieces and set aside.
- Salt the eggplant pieces and let stand for 30-40 minutes. This will eliminate the characteristic bitter taste of eggplant. Then rinse it, drain well and set it aside.
- Process tomatoes to taste (grated, minced meat or smoothie).
- Chop the onion in julienne and fry it in olive oil over low heat with the anchovy fillets until the onions are transparent.
- Add the chopped aubergines and garlic cloves, fry for ten minutes and add the tomatoes and two sprigs of finely chopped basil. Put salt, sugar and oregano. Stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped olives. Cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in boiling water with salt until they are al dente. It is always handy to read the package because The cooking time may vary depending on the brand of pasta.
- Serve the macaroni with the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese. Garnish with the remaining basil branches.
You can use the type of pasta that you have at hand at home. You can also adjust the recipe by adding other ingredients, such as mozzarella cheese, so that the sauce has a soft texture and a special taste. The result will satisfy everyone.