If you like Spanish French toast, you'll love these Eastern-style toasters. Dare to try them.
the French toast They are one of the most classic desserts in Spain, with an ancient history throughout Europe. They are also referred to as French toast, although their origins date back to the Roman Empire, when gourmet Marcus Gavius Apicius described it as "sweet aliter" in his recipe book. This sweet easy to prepare consists of baking slices of hard bread, previously soaked in milk, sugar and beaten egg. To enjoy the French toast with an oriental aroma, it is necessary to add a special ingredient that emphasizes the smell and taste of the dessert.
the Ceylon cinnamon It is one of the oldest and healthiest species in the Asian world. It helps to lower blood sugar, improves digestion and produces a satiating effect. It is only necessary to add a cinnamon stick to the oil of the French toast and sprinkle brown sugar at the end. If an extra oriental touch is sought, French toast can be served with a little ginger honey. They will be excellent!
How to prepare coffee toast with oriental aroma:
- Place the milk, coffee, sugar, cocoa and salt in a pan on the fire. Mix over low heat until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a deep dish and soak each slice of bread between 10 and 15 minutes. Check whether they are well-soaked.
- Pour a lot of oil in a pan and heat. Place the cinnamon stick and lemon zest in the oil for a few minutes, to add aroma and essence to frying.
- Beat the eggs and put them in a bowl. Drain the slices of bread and feed them through the eggs, moisten both sides.
- Carefully remove the lemon zest and the cinnamon stick from the oil.
- Add the bread slices to the pan (one by one) and fry on both sides over medium heat.
- When tanning remove from pan and place on a plate with absorbent paperto remove excess fat.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and brown sugar to taste.
- Serve hot.
The preparation of French toast is typical during Holy Week, but it is a quick dessert for any time of the year. Be sure to try this delicious recipe and treat your guests with a delicious sweetness.