Do you feel like cooking a delicious fruit dessert? Try this recipe for grape clafoutis, and you will be surprised by the intense taste.
A clafoutis of grapes, or cherries, or pears, or fruit, is a healthy sweet snack. This typical French dessert is a delicious cake to fill. And is that clafoutis comes from Occitan clafotis, whose verb (clafir) means enter it. The dough is quite similar to that of pancakes, very simple and with affordable ingredients. As the name implies, its components are filled: both the fruit to the dough and the dough to the holes left by the fruit. Originally it was made with cherries.
The clafoutis, which wrote a little history, was already a well-known cake throughout France in the nineteenth century and came from the western region, in Limoges. The flaugnarde was also invented here, an identical mass made only in place of cherries with pears or apples, and it was called winter clafoutis, because there are no cherries in this season. The clafoutis would be really summery and the winter flaugnarde. Nowadays both concepts are confused and the cakes are made with the fruit of choice.
How to prepare a clafoutis of grapes:
- Wash the grapes and separate them from the cluster. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- In a bowl put the grapes with half the sugar and the tablespoons of liqueur. Stir well and let macerate for at least half an hour.
- In a pan melt the butter and let cool.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the sifted flour to the eggs and stir with enveloping motion.
- Add the sugar, melted butter and finally the milk. Beat until the ingredients are well mixed (the dough will be quite liquid, such as pancakes).
- Fat the bottom and walls of a mold.
- Spread the grapes on the bottom of the form, so that they remain in a single layer and they don't stand out much. If sugar remains in the maceration, add to the dough and mix again.
- Pour the dough over the grapes and bake for 30 or 35 minutes at 180 degrees, or until we insert a needle and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
It is better not to dismantle the clafoutis of grapes because it is usually very delicate. If you combine the grapes, black and white, you have a colorful and very colorful cake. It is a very simple but delicious dessert.