Do you like blunt dishes for cooking at home? Cheer up these beans with duck. You are guaranteed success with cooking this recipe.
Although this recipe has variations in Spanish cuisine, duck beans are a preparation of French cuisineand in this language it is mentioned cassoulet. Originally from the South of France, this stew is made with beans, preferably with white beans, and meat from an animal, ranging from candied pork to candied duck; It is even made with black pudding, mainly depending on the season of the year.
Beans are legumes with a high protein content and their consumption is very beneficial to the organism; In addition to proteins, they are low in fat and help to have a good intestinal function. With them typical spoon dishes from southern France and also from Spain, such as the Asturian fabada and the famous stews. Make sure you soak them overnight and cook them on time, because raw or undercooked are toxic.
How to prepare beans with duck:
- Warm up the duck legs a little reserve a portion of the fat.
- Bot the thighs of the duck and chop the meat. Book.
- Peel and cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Put the duck in a frying pan and poach in it the onion and garlic that were previously chopped. Add the laurel.
- Add the tomatoes if the onion is transparent.
- Bake and stir. Add white wine.
- Pick up carrotscut in pieces.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add duck and beans, previously cooked. Correct the salt.
- Add some water if necessary.
- Cook 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with parsley, finely chopped.
These beans with duck are very good as a single dish, served in a soup dish. But if you want to put it as a main course, you can accompany it with some fries or white rice, which always looks good. And with slices of bread, of course, to dip into the sauce.
For time reasons, it is preferable that you buy the tins of beans, so you save on having to cook them. It is a good dish for those days when after lunch there is nothing else to do but talk to the table.