Among the fondue recipes, this pumpkin fondue is a delicious snack. Write down the steps, because this elaboration will surprise you.
Pumpkin fondue? Yes, and it's delicious! It is a surprising and very colorful recipe, because it is served in the pumpkin itself; That is why it is important to get the round variety, not the elongated one. In this way the vegetables themselves are used as a fondue pan. It is very tasty on cold, fall and winter days. And the pumpkin season is used, just when this vegetable is ready.
Fondue is a typical Swiss dish and the word fondue is from French fondue, which means melting. It is usually one mix of cheeses to which wine can be added, garlic or herbs, which is served very hot. The traditional fondues were placed in the caquelón, the pot where the cheese melts, and on the réchard, which is the fire, accompanied by toasted bread dice, which are pierced and immersed in this cream.
How to prepare pumpkin fondue:
- Wash the pumpkin very well. Cut the top off like a lid. Book.
- Remove the seeds and pulp part. Book.
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the pumpkin pulp, already minced. Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Light brown add finely chopped onion, leek and garlic and poach; Add a little water. Cook until the pumpkin becomes soft and melts with the fork.
- Add the cheeses (Parmesan cheese last) and let them melt on low heat.
- Add the milk creammix well.
- Add the cava, salt and pepper, add nutmeg and cook for 5 minutes, until reach a thick and homogeneous cream, soft orange.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place this cream in the pumpkin, cover it with the reserved top and bake at 160 ° C for one hour.
- Cut the bread into slices and place them on a tray. Bake for 10 minutesuntil the bread is toasted.
- Serve the pumpkin fondue with the diced bread.
This pumpkin fondue will surprise all your guests, with the combination of the sweetness of this vegetable and the melted cheeses.